Question

Huntersz

How do I dispute a late payment with the Credit Bureau?
Because of a Divorce my ex was responsible for the house payment. She skipped the last house payment to screw me on purpose before she refinanced. Now I have a 30 late payment on my report. My score dropped 90 points. I am taking her back to court for damages. But this really screws me for a while think. I want to see if I can change it. I have court papers that state she is responsible for the house payment.

Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to file disputes. I would surely submit your court papers along with your dispute as it should help. You could also contact the mortgage lender first and see if they would be willing to help you out with this. Your mortgage lender and the credit bureaus will likely have idiots manning the phones, so keep in mind that this could take several attempts, so don't give up on your first couple of attempts.