Question

sassafrasmcgee94

How do I contact a collections agency listed on my credit karma report?
In the collections section of my report, it says I owe to a collection agency called "Unique National Collection" and the original creditor was a library I . I know I owe this due to a book that i checked out and lost but I've never actually received any letters or phone calls from this agency trying to collect the debt. I would love to contact them and pay it off but i have no idea how to do that because this report just gives their name and i don't even know what my account number with them would be. what should i do?

Well first talk to Unique National Collections as they have reported to your account. If they want you to deal directly with the library then do so. Make the payments to the library and keep all the communications in record (in writing). After the debt is satisfied they will close their account and delete the reported item from your CR. If not, you have to ask them to do so. Google their phone number.