Question

digitalfox

How do I add paid off financing to my credit reports & is it a good idea?
I am working to rebuild my credit. I have a secured credit card and a 655 score (according to this site). I have been denied all credit I have applied for that checks the bureaus. I thought purchasing a mattress would help. I was offered financing through a no credit check service. $1,150 was approved but it would have been 2100 if I went the full term. I paid it off for cash price in under 3 months. I had weekly payments auto withdrawn from my bank account and paid additional payments. Now that it paid off and it was a financing situation, I think I would like to try to add it to my credit report. I am hoping it will establish more positive credit. The only thing I have going for me is my secured credit card, which in two months will become unsecured. Anyway, I would appreciate any advice. My main goal is to improve my credit so I can buy a house.