Question

loralie5974

how come it says the highest score is 850? I don't think that's right
I got a credit bureau report once from Trans Union. It said my score was 904. But your site says the highest is 850. So I called the RELS people one day and they said you can't get a score that is that high either. But I did and I am glad I saved that report. I look at it every once and a while to to remind myself that it can be done.

Most Helpful Response

It depends on the scoring models, not all credit scores created equally, and we have 100s scores out there. Up until early 2015 Credit Karma proved VantageScore 2 that goes upto 990, since then it provides VantageScore 3 that goes upto 850. Many people complained back then that their scores dropped 100 points overnight, not sure what were they expecting to happen to their scores, when the scoring ceiling lowered by 140 points. Some FICO industry specific score models do go up to 900. TransUnion also have their own (so are other Credit Bureaus) score model call "new account" score, I think it goes up to 950~990 ish? That's probably the one you referenced to. When you look at scores? Always find out what model it is, other wise you are comparing Apples to Oranges.