How can I remove a bad claim for an unpaid phone bill that my work is responsible for?
My husband has a derogatory mark on his credit report for an unpaid phone bill that his employer was actually responsible for paying. This happened a few years ago and will fall off his report in another year or so, but we're hoping to buy a home soon and I'd like it removed. Since the account was in his name, how can we prove to the credit bureaus/phone company that the bill was not our responsibility? He still works for the same company and they pay his phone bill now, but to my knowledge it is under a different account now and not under his name anymore.