Question

Desert2613

How can I raise my credit score up where I can at least get a credit card
I am trying to get a walmart card or some kind of credit card where I don't have to deposit money how can I get my score up to be able to do that

Most Helpful Response

Depends on what your FICO Credit Score is and your Credit history is like if you will even qualify for the card or not.  

You say "I am trying"  what have do you done so far?   Have you applied for any other cards in the past 3 months and have been denied?   If so you need to wait a few months to put some time between your Hard Inquires.

Now I could be wrong, but I think Walmart has 2 different types of Cards,  there is a Walmart Store Card that can only be used at Walmart ( not sure if they would take it at SAMS Club )  and then there is the Walmart Discover Dual Card that can be used anywhere.  The Store card would be the easier one to get out of the two, but again that depends on your current credit report information and score.

It still might be BEST to get a Secured Credit Card,   even if you only have 200 dollars for a deposit.  That will go along way in building your Credit History and Credit Score over time.

Good Luck,

Again Credit History takes Time, so does your Credit Score.

I have gotten a secured credit card 2 months ago and my credit score has went up 50 points. You may not want to get the secured credit card but it can build your credit score up so later on you can get a credit card.