Question

StudentMommie

How can I negotiate a pay off amount of 1 year of rent on my credit from a prelease 4 years ago?
I preleased an apartment back in the fall of 2009, but had to return home from college. I did communicate this 7-8 months in advance with management who agreed to help seek someone to takeover-which was no success. A years worth of rent was placed on my credit. How do I negotiate a pay off amount?

Call them up and offer 30% of what they are asking for.  Once you've agreed on an amount, see if they are willing to remove the account from your report.  Get everything in writing before you make any payments.   Best of luck!