How Can I Dispute Medical Bills?
After a brief hospital stay and surgery, my anesthesiologist did not file a claim with my insurance company. I had no knowledge of this as I never received a bill in the mail. After pulling my credit report 2 years ago I learned that they had put this account in collections. After several phone calls to the collections agency and anesthesiologist's office they refused to file with my insurance and said that it was my fault. After threatening a law suite they finally gave in and filed with my insurance who denied the claim because it was not filed in a timely manner with them. Every other portion of my stay was coved by my insurance, even the $15,000 helicopter ride. I am trying to get my credit cleared up, as I am soon finishing with college and looking to start a career and buy a new car, house ect.

The following is my defense in the matter:

TEX IN. CODE ANN. ยง 1301.102 : Texas Statutes - Section 1301.102: SUBMISSION OF CLAIM

(d) If a physician or health care provider fails to submit a claim in compliance with this section, the physician or provider forfeits the right to payment unless the failure to submit the claim in compliance with this section is a result of a catastrophic event that substantially interferes with the normal business operations of the physician or provider.

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)