Question

maplesugar6

Help: One Account with a High Balance Ruined My Credit Score
I have worked so hard to have good credit. I got married in the fall. My husband added me to his Amex as an authorized user. We went on a family cruise which increased the amount owed and unfortunately it went slightly (I'm talking $100 past the approved spending limit - which I don't even know why it's possible). Now I have a fair credit score because of it. On every single account in my history it says always paid on time and never late. This is the only one that was high and it's not even my debt. The only other debt I have is our house and one of our cars. What can I do to improve my credit? I am really upset because I worked so hard to have good credit. Before we added my name as an authorized user, we called to be sure it would not affect my credit and Amex assured us it would not. I even called them yesterday to check and they said the same. Any advice? I'd really appreciate it. I am devastated.

If that is the only thing affecting your credit, remove your name from it or get the card paid down.