Question

Taraarcement

Have been subjected to identity theft
Found out had a bill of 900 to att and did not show on credit report. Also have been receiving emails about student loans and I am not a student

Contact loan office and police

A friend of mine discovered that his ex-wife had used his information to apply for college aid for her son -- online, so she could do his "signature" electronically (by typing it into a box). He suddenly found himself owing fourteen grand! He filed complaints with the Department of Education (whichever arm it is that handles student loans), and filed a police report. The cops called her in for an interview, but she refused to cooperate, so they let it drop. (Shame on them!)

But, having filed the police report, my friend could go on the record as saying, "No, this wasn't me; no, I'm not paying this." I don't know who ended up eating the cost, but my friend was, after many months, finally absolved of responsibility.

Good luck!