Question

John4890

have a bill on my credit score that is not linked to my social security number what can i do
I have a cable in collections. So i called the cable company to resolve the debt but was told i only owe three dollars. So i gave them the account number that was in collection but it didn't come back to my social security number. Is there any way for me to get it off my credit report

Write letters to all three bureaus and the cable company and ask them to verify that the debt is yours.  You'll need to send proof of who you are, such as copies of your driver's license and SS card (it's OK to send them this, they have the info already and if you don't do it they'll just blow you off).  Be persistent but polite, it may take a couple sets of letters to get results.  Best of luck!