Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

JacqueMilburn

has anyone heard of ownthekey.com?
Are they legitimate? Do they work? Is it worth the money?

Too new to tell.

I had never heard of this, nor have I seen anything about it on TV news.  I'm suspicious of paying into something like this when the plan is not clearly outlined and there is nothing about what you WILL get in the end.  Plus, there is another site online promoting that YOU establish your own "Own the Key" business, which really puts my internal warning lights on high alert.

It takes a bit of time to be able to own an house, and there are a lot of expenses with ownership that you can just turn over to a landlord if you are renting.  Think all the pros and cons before considering buying.  If there is any chance you might be moving/changing jobs in the next 5-10 years, ownership can be a losing situation.

Work on building a savings account and gathering more information in the meantime.  If this ownthe key is legit, we'll hear more about it in the future.  If not, we'll hear that too.  Caution is a good idea right now.

FYI- I was in my mid-30s when we bought our first home, which I sold 20+ years later and lived in an apartment for a few years before buying a trailer in a Seniors Park just a few years ago.   

NO GOOD!!

Ownthekey sucks! Don't use them.  They did nothing. They charged $99.95 first initial fee then $79.95 per month.The first $99.95 is when they actually did some work but each month after that they did NO WORK and I called to cancel within the timeframe and got hit with two months of $79.95 for nothing and the contract said call, write or email to cancel. I emailed and called. No answer from nobody by email or phone call ( I left several mesages on the so-called president of the company named Adam or something voicemail). They did nothing but take my money and did not issue me a refund. The only reason they cancelled because the last email informed them that I would be suing them which I still have considered doing since they did nothing but take my money for no services rendered.