Question

bethjan

Had identity theft 3x last yr. I have to file for bankruptcy how can correct my credit not my fault.

Most Helpful Response

You are not legally responsible 4 fraud

so I don't understand why you would need to file bankruptcy. 

I also bank with BofA and when I had an identity theft issue, they moved my money into new accounts closed the old accounts and worked very closely with me. All on the same day that I notified them of unussual activity on my account. So i'm not sure why they would have "frozen" your accounts for so long with out giving you another option.  

File disputes on any creditors that are not yours.  "Validation Letters" will require any creditors to varify that you are in fact the responsible party  Ask to have the original application verified showing your signature.  if they can't then they would have to remove it from yoru report. 

bethjan

Thanks for taking the timeout and writing such a lengthy response I appreciate it! Blessings, Beth

My identity theft

In addition  Bank of America, where i had my money direct deposited in my checking and had my savings account also, froze my account for over 5 months....  after the 2nd or third time...my finances were wiped out...so not being able to live or pay bills for months becuase of Bank of America... and my finances wipped clean... my MOST EXCELLENT 820  credit score is now in the low 600's,

and i have to file bankrupcy....  Any help would be appreciated.