Question

4runner17

get my credit score on the rise with complications
I'm on SSI so my income is limited. My score has dropped the last few months because of high single card utilization and with medical copays. My wife has filed for divorce but I have been pre-approved to refi by my bank. Between bills, utilities, and groceries my utilization is between 80-95%. I have thought about a balance transfer on my card for over a year but never took the step. My card company does not do financial limit raises on my card and I would have to apply for additional credit. How would applying for another card effect my credit score and would it hurt me with all my upcoming financial responsibilities?

Don't open any new accounts until your re-fi is complete, otherwise you may screw it up.  Hang tight until your re-fi is done, then see where you are.  Not sure another card is the best idea, I would work on just paying down the one you have.  Best of luck!