Former Millionaire (temporarily) fallen from grace...
I’m a retired AT&T Executive with a pension is about to go back into the workforce. I’ve accepted a marketing position with a National Loyalty Company starting with $50K + commissions. Currently, I’ll have 600 reps on my team, and I honestly do not know what my earned monthly commissions will be.

My wife and I live in downtown Chicago, in a condo on the lake (a few blocks from City Hall). Although we have a good live-style; I pay cash for everything on my Chase Debit Card, which is why I have a “0” zero credit score.

I do fully expect my income to reach the 6 digit per month income level in the next 18 months. However, I want to supercharge my credit scores (if there is such a thing).

I do not need the $4K/month from my salaried position; as our monthly nut and expenses are covered. My initial thoughts are to save half of my income and use the other half to re-establish my credit.

I’d like to start with a $5,000.00 credit card limit to purchase a Kangen Water Machine, which retails for about $3,400.00.

Does anyone know where I might secure a credit card that might meet my expectations?

Fred Dudley

Try Capital One as they are very helpful in building credit. They may not give you $5K but it will get you a credit score within 6 months. Another direction I would go is to a credit union. They are usually more understanding than the credit card companies and you can tell them about your situation and showing them your bank statements, what's save, etc. I'm sure if you have $10K in saving and show them that, they may allow you to open a credit card with them.

I do suggest going through the articles provided here so you can better understand how credit works and how to build your score.  I never was wealthy, but did a lot of cash-only living only to learn that smart credit usage is a big help and have realized the goal of a far better credit score to where I was able to finance a new car recently at a low rate.  Knowledge is power. 

Also check with some of your local credit unions... Otherwise USAA, BOA, USBank,  Wells Fargo..... They all have secured cards