Question

Veteran73

Foreclosure of my home , Banks under selling home's
My house went into foreclosure when I became 100% disabled from the military . Their was so many of us coming back that it took some time . ( like 3yrs). The bank wouldn't work with me at all. 5 years later my house went up for auction. The house was worth over $90000.00 . I looked at the value on the property appraisal . The bank sold my house for $100.00 AND NOW they want me to pay them 125,000 the remainder of the balance of the loan. The bank had a secure loan ( F.H.A ) They wouldn't help me out a Veteran but slap me in the face by selling my home for $100 .
Is this legal?

Most Helpful Response

I also strongly suggest you go to your local media and have them write up a story on this. They should gladly do a story on this. If one refuses, go to the next one - keep going util you get one that agrees to. 

Once the story is printed, keep going. Go national like good moring america try one at a time, as they like exclusives):

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=Good%20Morning%20America

Or maybe you want to do both at the ame time. 

Thanks you for your service and the sacrifices you've made for our country. I am so sorry this happened to you. 

Get in touch with these folks (based on your branch of service):

http://legalassistance.law.af.mil/content/locator.php

Get mad and get tough! The banks have no heart - this is evident by the fiasco in the financial crises. You have certian rights (example below "material effect" below)

SCRA, formerly known as the Soldiers  and Sailor's Civil Relief Act of 1940 (SSCRA), is a federal law that protects active-duty servicemembers. SCRA updated SSCRA and extends protections to active-duty Reservists and members of the National Guard called to active duty for 30 days or more, and in some circumstances, military dependents. Additionally, the Foreclosure Protection Act, passed by the Senate in April 2008, includes provisions under the Military Homes Protection Act to further expand the SCRA. The enhancement provides returning servicemembers with one year of relief from mortgage interest rate increases and extends protections from foreclosure from 90 days to nine months.

To receive protection under this act a servicemember needs to show that military service had a "material effect" on the legal or personal financial matters. 

There is also help here by state:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/foreclosure-book/chapter11-1.html

Best of luck and please keep us posted. 

Credit Protection

I applied for a credit card from Capital One. 

Two weeks later I get my denial letter. The letter told me they

couldn't access my credit file . 

How do I apply for a credit card with credit protection?