Question

pvtstudentloanmisery

filed bankruptcy dec 2015, most of student loans disability discharged,
I still have private student loans left, cant contact lawyer his number is no longer in service and his company name is no longer on the outside of the building I met him. what can I do, I still cannot pay these loans received full bankruptcy but not for student loans. What do I do next. At the trustee meeting he represented me and then left pointed to a guy in blue suit that would help me if something came up while I waited for trustee to dismiss us. why weren't the private student loans disability discharged

Most Helpful Response

Bankruptcy does not discharge the majority of student loand and a disability discharge requires forms to be filled out by a physician certifying the disability, then there is a three year period requiring annual reports of earnings.  Contact your loan servicer about the papers needed for a disability discharge.

Thanks, nelnet took care of the ed loans and told me that I had to wait 150 days before calling them again. Navient sent letter saying all loans would be sent to nelnet for my account number, however the private loans show they are open and a payment is due. Last time I talked to them they said wait. I received pvt loan billing statement 2-27-16 and on 2-28-16 received letter stating all lonas under my account number would be transferred to nelnet because of disability discharge. Since I declared bankruptcy, I am going to wait the 6-8 weeks and see what happens, since the helpdesk and letter told me to wait. I just didnt want added fees, which will occur April 5, 2016. Its just so hard to wait. Thank you again for your help. But I do have the discharge approval for ed loans, I do not know if that includes the $9,500 in pvt loans. Happy Easter