Question

StrivingForGreatCredit

FICO vs Vantage 3.0
I've used CK as a tool to increase my credit in the hopes of obtaining a home loan. My research from the site has led my to believe that the majority of people have a higher FICO score than the model used by this site, the Vantage 3.0. I understand the various models and I've researched all of the articles as a tool to increase my credit, just curious to see how everyone's FICO compared to the Vantage 3.0 through an online poll so to speak. I know that there are also various FICO models, Im just curious in general.

Most Helpful Response

There are way too many variables to support any conclusions... just one small example from probably100s variations, in FICO, the impact from inquiry only lasts 12 months (stated by them few times on the record) however many believe that in VantageScore3 it lasts the entire 24 months (as their scores went up when their inquiry(s) falls off) so when you have 5 little unassuming inquiries that's around year old? your scores from two the models "could" be 10 points difference.

-

Pulling your FICO scores once awhile would be much easier, and right on point (pun intended?).  Many credit cards offers free FICO scores, Discover offers free Experian FICO 8 score to anyone whom sign up at their Credit Scorecard site. You can spend one (1) dollar for 7 day trial at Credit Check Total, they offers FICO 8 scores and reports from all three bureaus. Of course you can get 58 different types FICO scores from myfico dot com, I think it's still 30 bucks a months, be sure to cancel it before 30 days is up.

I just don't understand why the system is such a cluster. I hope it will improve over time. Thanks for responding. 

Poor grammar

Sorry about my poor grammar with the second sentence.