Question

Huki68

Experian and Credit Karma?
My credit karma score is 712 and my chances was very good to apply for American express, so I did due to the high score and the great chances.
Approval odd’s? Very Good. This is base with Transunion and Equifax ( I didn’t knew we have a 3rd Agency Called Experian and screw my chances.
I called American Express and asked them why I was denied and told me due to my low score of 595 received from EXPERIAN… I was in shock as my scores are pretty good on Credit Karma.
I am new to this and I faithfully follow Credit Karma as one source only. It’s helping me a lot but if I knew we have a 3rd with a very low score, I would not have had applied, I would have work on it with the 3rd to correct and improve my score, now I have a hard inquiry on my records.
I just wondering why they only work with Transunion and Equifax and not Experian.

Thank you!!

The expressed purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH how credit works and nothing reported here is sent elsewhere.  The articles here do mention that there are three credit bureaus and that it is wise for individuals to check all three credit reports annually to make sure all information is correct. It is not necessary to have information from all three credit bureaus to accomplish the teaching objective and, when I joined 5 years ago, only Transunion was the information source used. My score now is excellent, but I still can't get an AMEX card and, frankly, don't care if I ever get one.  Just keep working on building your credit  and don't be concerned about companies that don't really deserve having you as one of their clients.