Question

bijinezu

Existing account was not maintained in a satisfactory manner
I got declined by Citi and received a letter because of the following

I have 2 citi cards currently but would like to apply the double cash.

I am not sure what your question is here. If they denied you, that means that you are denied, so give up on the idea at least for the next six months to a year. As far as not maintaining your account in a satisfactory manner, I am not sure what they mean by that, but it may mean the following: You had late/missed payments, You carry high balances, You only pay the minimum payment due and not more on top of it. Could be other reasons too.