Question

BGiff812

Errors on Report: How to remove a Morgage do to divorce 3 years ago
I just found out that there is a mortgage from my previous marriage still showing on my report. We divorced 3 years ago and I should have been removed then. Now my ex husband is being foreclosed on and it is also showing on my credit report. Anyone out there with any advice on what I need to do to get this taken care of? I am clueless about this stuff.

Just because you divorced

Does not mean you were removed from the account.  If the loan origianlly showed both of you as the the borrowers you may still be liable. Your ex would have had to refinance the loan without you on the loan so the original loan would have been paid off. Even if the court ordered that They would be souly responsible for the debt.  Many can't refinance with out a second income so they don't.  Obvioulsy, if the loan is in forclosure, So they couldn't afford the payments. 

Contact your divorce attorney and pursue this legally.