Question

CindyBidwell

Error on my report
I have a bill from Kings Service Credit or something like that,it's from the physicians office in Amador County, the bill was originally $89 in December of 2012, I think. The balance is showing $0, why is it in collections?

Most Helpful Response

Even if you pay off a collections account, it can remain on your report for up to 7 years. If a collections account is listed with a $0 balance, it could mean that your lender has reported the account as paid, but it has not been removed from your credit report yet. The good news is that if the account has been listed as paid, many lenders will take that into account and it may not reflect as negatively on you.

Error on my Report

Thank you DoubleShadow for responding, I wasn't sure why it was still there and your answer was very helpful:)