Question

Bdavis1223

Erroneous medical debt "removed" from collections by hospital, what now?
I recently found two medical debts on my credit report that were with collection agencies. I knew they were faulty since I was double covered with insurance. I contacted the hospital billing dept. and he agreed it was an error. He removed it from collections, he said. So, will this action result in my credit report being updated or is there more I need to do to clear it off my report? How long does it take to reflect the change? Is there any way to speed it up? It has ruined my credit score.

It shouldn't take too long to update. The hospital may have already updated the info with the credit bureaus but sometimes there is a lag time for the credit bureaus to make the updates. If you don't see it change in a week, I would be making some calls. If they wrongly put this on your credit report and harmed your credit, don't you think they should be liable for the actual damages they have caused you? I think I'd be talking to an attorney. Save copies of the report showing the incorrect damaging information wrongfully placed on your reports.