Question

Yunior4GT

Does your credit score increase when you start bankruptcy process?
Hi, I recently filed for bankruptcy and I should be getting my discharge by the end of this month. I noticed that my credit score increased by 92 points. I was at 520 before BK and now I'm at 612. I always heard that bankruptcy is supposed to drop your credit score. Am i missing something here? Will my credit stay at the increased 612 that I have now or will it drop later on?

Any advise would be help.

Thank you in advance.

Most Helpful Response

Mine went up also.... Dont have a clue as to why, but it did.... in just a month~

I don't know why your score increased because bankruptcy generally hurts your score for the next 10 years.