Question

gulmaro

Do you know who can help me with a medical bill the insurance do not want to pay
the insurance say we supposed to ansk first the Hospital told me the do not

I've had to eat a Chapter 13 bankruptcy due to a similar issue (my spouse is a disabled veteran who was supposed to be covered by the VA... ambulance said the VA ER was full, so she went to a different hospital. Hospital bills VA, VA says they won't pay it ("no, our ER was open that day!"), etc. After a massive back-and-forth, the hospital stops trying to bill them and suddenly I'm stuck with $70k in bills and collection agencies demanding money...)
--

Anyrate, best I can tell you in retrospect is to stage a 3-way phone call between the hospital billing department, yourself, and someone with authority at the insurance carrier. Record it if you can. Get the two parties to talk to each other while you are there. Be double-plus certain to have as much evidence as you possibly can that proves you did due diligence to comply with whatever policies the insurance carrier and hospital required at the time.

--

This is certainly no guarantee, and you may still be jammed-up with massive bills, but it will go a long way towards helping end the phone/mail/email tag, and may even get things resolved. If all else fails, you may end up having to speak with a bankruptcy attorney, which definitely will put a stop to such bills.