Question

spiceyhot

Do I have any judgements, to stop me frome renting. Can you check.
I can find on my credit score if I have any judgement on my credit score, I didn't think i did, but can you find out for me. i am trying to rent a home, and you use to have something to show if you had one, and now i can't find it. I am not buying a house, but just looking for one to rent. I just can't find anything if I do Have a judgment any where. Also I can't find that file now. it said I didn't. But I need to make sure. Can you help me on that.

Finding any judgement s on my credit

I can not find any Judgements can you please tell me if there is any. I need to rent and I have a judgement that will stop me. I will be homless in 4 days, and I need to rent. There use to me a place where you can see, but I didn't see it. The last time I looked it said I  didn't have any. So I am hoping this is still true. Can you please find out for me. Thank you Melinda Bocook

That is not what this site is for.  The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about credit so they can benefit from having good credit. Any judgements would be shown under "Public Records" on your credit reports.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three reports.  And waiting until this short a time to find housing is foolish. 

This is a general advice forum, no one can help you with what you are asking. Why not just go try to rent a place and see what happens, if there is a judgement, you will find out then. Even if you found out there is one right now, what would that change, you cannot press a button to remove it. Go apartment shopping and go from there.

Unfortunately, Judgments are matter of public record, they don't always show up on your credit report and of course, if they aren't on your credit report? It dosent mean you don't have one, You can search them at State/Local courts and or County's recorder office where you have lived in the past, you can usually do it on-line, walk-in or by phone. I found a public record still showing from 1996 but long gone from my credit report since.

-

Landlords/property management companies might wish and usually do run separate reports in addition to credit reports, background report, Eviction/Rental reports (yes, there is such report) and of couse public records. However some landlord will overlook certain credit related things if certain amount of time has elapsed.

-

Best of luck.