Question

stephie0606

Dispute Removal
I am currently in the process of buying my first home. I was told I have a dispute on one of my school loan accounts. The dispute is in regards to late pmts from early 2011. I am having the dispute removed in order for my home loan to go through, but I am very concerned as to what it will do to my credit score. Which will have to be repulled once the dispute is removed. I have had on time pmts since April 2011 on that account so I am hoping since it has been 2 years it won't affect my score too much. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Response

It will have zero impact on your score. A dispute only matters while it is being investigated, usually within 30 days. This is because while the investigation is ongoing it will temporarily "dissappear" from your report, or so I've been told - I've never actually seen this happen. However, this is the reasoning that mortgage lenders use, so they can see everything on the report. Good luck with the home buying process!

Dispute

I have a dispute with Capital One on my credit report. I am not the owner of the account, I do not have a card, and never used the card. My daughter added me as an authorized user, and when I called Capital One, they said I am not liable for the account, but they include details on your credit report even when you are an authorized user. They removed my name from the account and I would like them totally removed for I did not have an account. My daughter was 36 days late in making her payment (by which she forgot) and they said they will report if you are 1 day late. I would like them totally removed from my credit report. How do I dispute this and have it taken care of?