Question

credittyy

Determining Date of First Delinquency (DOFD) vs Date Of Last Activity (DOLA) On My Credit Report?
Hello,
I'm trying to determine the date of last activity (payment) on one collection account. According to experian's credit report from annualcreditreport.com the collections account says "Account Is Scheduled To Stay On File Until Nov 2015" but does not give me any specific dates. Is the schedule date determined based upon exactly 7 years from the DOFD? I have not made a single payment on this account since it became delinquent the first time, so can I also determine based upon the NOV 2015 date that my last payment was made sometime in September of 2008 since it would take two months from my last payment to become 30 days delinquent and subsequently trigger the DOFD? If not, how might I go about getting the DOFD and DOLA (last payment)

Ultimately, I am trying to determine when the 6 year statute of limitations has run it's course in my state and also when I can expect to see this account disappear from my credit report.

Most Helpful Response

Write letters to the creditors and ask them what was the date of last activity and what was the date of first delinquency.  They have to provide that info to you by law.  Better yet, ask them for a complete payment history on the account.  Be polite but persistent.  Best of luck!