Question

robocop75

Denied recommendation
I applied for a credit card that Credit Karma recommended and was denied. Now I have a hard inquiry and no card.why should I ever trust your recommendations again?

Most Helpful Response

Reality Check

The Credit card companies and their advertising on this site are what pay for this site. They get paid weather you are approved or not so they always recommend the cards.

I, for one, have never appied for a card off this or any other website.  I only apply for cards that have mailed me a "Pre-approved" app, and then only if i really like the terms and interest rate & I have never been denied. 

Try some credit mining...  Thats where you do everything just short of actually appling for a card on a site that has your info such as CK.  I generally get a pre-approved app in the mail with in a few days.

You shouldn't...... It's the same thing as getting a pre-appoved letter. Just because your pre-approved doesn't mean that you will be approved.