Question

creditconfusion

Denied for credit because it showed a 442, but CK says score is in the 700's, why dont scores match?
Applied for credit, received denial letter saying that TransUnion score low because:
Percentage of installment trades never reported delinquent or derogatory
Number of open bankcard trades with recent excess utilization
Number of trades opened recently

Have 1 debit card at my bank. Someone also purchased used car for me and put my name on the loan with theirs to help build my credit ( since then paid car off).
I don't have any delinquent, derogatory installment trades in my name (that I know of). Could be identity theft? Also, why is score on CK different from score on denial letter?

creditconfusion

You said you were told the Transunion score contained the bad info?  This is interesting, because it was my understanding that CK was based on Transunion info.  Sometimes info is reported to one agency but not the others.  Normally I would say that is probaby the case in a situation like yours.  I wonder if you were misinformed as to what score you were being told about when you applied.  To clear it up, the first thing I would do is go to the free annual credit report site and get all three reports.  There has got to be something on one of them that is keeping your number down.  The other thing that may be going on is that you may have no credit as opposed to bad credit.  Your debit card isnt going to report, and I dont know the effects on your credit of obtaining a vehicle via a cosigner, (if thats how you got it).

If the case is "no credit" then just keep trying until you get some cards, pay them on time and your number will start climbing.