Question

frances1924

Creditwise versus Experian
I have a Capital One secured card so check my score with Creditwise in addition to Credit Karma and Experian. My score went up 35 points on Experian but stayed the same on Credtwise. I am hoping my limit will be increased on my Capital One card but thinking they may not if my credit sore doesn't move. Score is 601 on Creditwise, 602 on Credit Karma and 636 on Experian. Credit Karma has not updated yet this week. I started out around 550-560 depending on which site you checked.

You can compare the following to each other

Creditwise
--- Transunion Vantage Score 3. 

Creditkarma

--- Transunion Vantage score 3.

--- Equifax Vantage Score 3.

CreditSesame

--- Transunion Vantage Score 3. 

Have no Clude what Credit Score Model Experian is using,   

If they are using the Vantage Score 3 model then you can compare to the abover otherwise you can not comare it to any of the above.

Only compare like Credit Sore Models to one another. 

Most Helpful Response

Capital one should icrease your limit simply based on good responsible behaviour paying your secured card payments.

Whatever are your scores numbers and changes on them unless they were not cost but some negative action on your side , capital one will increase your limit. 

Scores sometimes go down or get stuck at place without obvious reason. Capital one wants you to show them you can take care of your credit card responsibly - that is the whole point of their business model. They wish you are good future client  - so they can "lend" you more and you will be using their credit card more and generating more profit for them......

frances1924

Thanks for your response. I will be at six months of having the credit card on the 20th of this month.   I have paid it off every month but must admit I havent always stayed at 30% usage.  I've read on here that is important too so I am hoping paying it off each month will help.  Now that I read that, I do not go over the 30% usage recommended.

Creditwise uses TransUnion as the basis of their information.   TransUnion routinly runs behind the other credit bureaus' in updating the data from my experience.