Question

MarkStephen

"credit simulator" seems dead wrong
The Karma "credit simulator" indicates. . . .

* if I reduce my debt by $1,000, 5,000, $20,000 --- my score WILL NOT increase even one single point.

* If I obtain a $1,000 credit limit (via a secured card) --- my score won't increase even one single point.

In fact, the Karma Credit Simulator dosn't give me ANY reason to repay ANY of my debts!!!! I don't understand what to do here! Can I trust the Credit Karma tool?

Don't pay your debts and you will find out for sure what will happen, and it won't be pleasant!!!  You will soon not have, nor be able to obtain any credit!! How about your reading the articles on this site (look to the left side under "resources").  The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how credit works and what they must do to improve their credit score. Nothing here gets reported to anyone. My credit score hasn't risen significantly in months but, since it is "good" I don't have a problem.  I haven't had problems with the credit simulator, either.  Maybe you already have a lot of negatives and, once those are cleared up, your score WILL raise.

Having similar experience

For a long time, the Credit Simulator seemed to work great.  However, now the simulator seems to be subtracting when it should be adding.  My CK score is 713 with about 45% credit utilization and if I simulate reducing my debt by $1k, the simulator says my score will be 685.