Question

lorenv09

Credit Scores and Factors to Lease a Car?
I am currently looking to lease a Mazda CX-5 and my credit score from FICO is 772 while my scores here on Credit Karma are 722 for TransUnion and 723 for Equifax. I have about $28k limit between all my credit cards although on one I am just an authorized user but the limit is $10k so on my own accounts I have $18k. Can I qualify for a lease with these scores? Would I be able to get a good deal?

Most Helpful Response

Lenders will have their own conditions

Regardless what anyone here says, and with every situation being different, you will obviously be at the mercy of the lender's qualifications, not ours. 

However with that said, the score looks good enough to get a mid-sized auto lease, just don’t expect the advertised rate (that rate is based on/only for those with 800+ scores).  Remember that for every point you are below that top score you will be paying for it in interest rate or longer terms bundled in the loan.  Not to mention that the terms of a lease usually forces a balloon payment at the end of the lease for the remainder of the cost of the car.  Meaning whatever principle that wasn't paid during the lease will typically come due all at once at the end of the lease.  Of course failing to make that payment in full and when due can RUIN a credit score for a very long time should it be reported just once as being missed or late… so make sure you have that much saved by the time the lease comes full term.