Question

GVal2015

Credit score gets lower everytime i check?
Ok so about two weeks ago my credit score was exactly 650/650. And last week i checked again and it went to 634. And now that i check again its 632. I dont have anything negative affecting me nor did i do any hard pulls what so ever. Why does my credit score keep declining? I just started my credit about 2-3 months ago through kohls and my first bill came out to 123 and i paid that off and second came out to $22 and i paid that off as well, in fact i laid them off early. So im wondering why my credit score dropped so much from 650/650 to 632/632.

Most Helpful Response

If you only started your credit 2-3 months ago, then there would be hard inquireies when you got the credit, and it could have taken over 30 days for them to finally report it. Remember nothing happens instantly with the CR companies.  Second thing that might have happened is that you were at 0% usage, and since you dont state what your limits where, even those small amounts could have put you to over 10% usage of avaiable credit.  Again, yes you paid them off, but the numbers do not instantly change at the credit reporting angencies.  The larger companies generally only report once a month.

Just keep doing what you are, as it sounds like a solid begining, and the scores will go up, try to keep usage to under 10% and pay regularly, as you develope a long term history that score will go up well.

High credit card utilization can cause scores to drop but from what you say, that isn't the case. So I am just not sure, I advise that you keep looking over ever thing looking for something that has changed. I also advise you to follow your FICO scores, they cost money, but they are the important scores and also seem to be a little less volatile as non-fico scores.