Question

Rockel123

Credit karma does not give accurate credit scores
Your website is misleading and gives WRONG INFORMATION and the credit scores are incorrect. I thought that my score was good according to your website, I was looking to refinance and they pulled mt credit which was drastically lower. Your website claims my Transunion score is 696 but in reality it's 649. I no longer qualify to refinance and was embarrassed since I did not know my score was low. Very upset!

Not supposed to!!!

The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how credit works and how to improve their credit score. The scores shown here are an approximation based on partial information and their purpose is so you can see what could happen after some credit activities such as getting a new credit card or filing for bankruptcy.  I understood that when I signed up because I read before I enter any data.

I have found this site to be extremely helpful. 

CreditKarma gives free Vantage 3 scores which can be obtained fairly inexpensively from the credit bureaus. However, most mortgage lenders use FICO 4 scores and most non-mortgage lenders use FICO 8 scores, which are rather expensive to obtain (FICO charges you $60 for one time FICO scores from the 3 credit bureaus or $25/month as a monthly subscription).

CreditKarma is a great resource for monitoring your credit and improving scores, but if you need to know a "REAL" score for a car loan or a mortgage then you will need to pay for FICO scores.