Question

Misunderstood2014

credit card debt collector help
debt collector tries to make payment options but wants me to do it right now or he will have to send it in and the original debt collector will sue me for the money. I wont give my account information on the phone. can they really garnish my wages

It's possible, however, a debter cannot legally threaten to sue you as tactic for getting you to pay a debt. (when their intentions are not to). If you think they will garnish your wages; then send in a payment by mail (money order or check) with a letter stating that this is what I can afford to pay each month. (it can be any dollar amount) A company cannot sue if you make some type of payment each month. (Be consistant though) If you send in $1/month; make sure you send that amount each month. This will buy you some time until you get enough money to pay this thing off.Good luck my friend.

Jasper2

The credit card company doesn't have to agree to your terms of payment.  Read your card agreement.  Don't try to play hard ball with them...you will ultimately lose!

The collection company probably bought the account at a huge discount from the credit card company.  You have no choice but to deal with them now. 

Why did you let it go into collection?  Don't you have a phone?