Question

CharSie88

Considering Bankruptcy, do i seek our my debts.
I've messed my credit up at a young age so I'm considering filling bankruptcy and only keeping my car loan although my interest rate is high and my Fingerhut acct (both in good standing). About two years ago I ordered two items off HSN and was unable to keep paying due to less hours at work and having to help take care of my mother who lost her job. I haven't received anything in the mail from HSN or anything from a collection agency. I logged in to their website and don't even sew the orders listed anymore so I'm sure my account is out their system and forwarded.

My question is, if I decide to file bankruptcy, do I contact them and request an invoice of my balance due or the info of the credit agency my account was sent to? I'd hate to file and then turn around and months later they pop up. Also, on average, about how much does it cost to file chapter 7?

Most Helpful Response

I would suggest you speak to a bankruptcy attorney. Laws can vary in different states.