Question

Kgowett

Collections on my report, but no creditor to find delinquency or validity. Disputable?
I have a Collections company on my credit report, but no creditor reporting on it to find a date of delinquency or validity. Is this disputable?
It says it's there for AmEx, which isn't on my report at all. I know I had an AmEx but closed it years ago, on my own terms, and have never been contacted about any delinquency. Even if it is mine, could it be disputable because there's no record of AmEx?
Also, if you dispute something, does that renew the 7 year wait time for it to be removed? Because it will expire this time next year. If it will renew it for another 7 years, I find no benefit to opening a can of worms.

A dispute will not "re-age" the trade-line, it's always 7 years from the date of first delinquency. Just because there is not a trade-line from AmEx does not mean that the collections agency doesn't have the proper documentation to support their ownership of the account. The only way to find out if it can be removed is to dispute the item. They might not respond and it will be removed after 30 days. If they do respond it will stay until the 7 year period ends. If you can't wait then send them a letter or give them a call and find out what it's all about.