Question

Clhickman13

closing a long standing acct
I have had an acct at my local credit union where I took out my auto loan. The car is paid off, but I was concerned that closing the acct would hurt my credit score. I have no use for it as I'm moving 1,500 miles away. Should I leave it open?

If the account is simply an account at the credit union and not a credit account, then closing the account will not hurt your credit any more than closing a second or third bank account. As long as you do not leave them owing them anything you should be fine.