Question

clasys

CK has screwed up a lot of my accounts. what do I do? [1 missing, other 4 times]
Transunion is listing an account I am a signateur to as mine. In trying to fix that [and tweak some other things, cannot change that, but one actual account is missing totally, and another is being listed four times redundantly adding up to my "score". I don't want to delete to get it reset because they say I will not be able to rejoin for six months. But it has been getting worse, not better; the reported accounts are a fantasy compared to what it ought to be. [I was better off before they let me "fix" anything, but now there doesn't seem to be a way to get any of this correct. I have some other free-score options [also root data from TransUnion] and they are only wrong in that signateur aspect [they lack a lot of info, but the basics of the account totals is correct, and all are there only once.]

What is the best way to get this looked at? [Clearly it is wrong; if I am allowed to screw it up and they don't reset it, is that my fault?]

Most Helpful Response

Hi Clasys, 

It sounds like you've had difficulty linking and matching your credit accounts to CK. First, I suggest attempting to remove and duplicates you have connected. Please go here: https://www.creditkarma.com/linking and click on the "X" next to the name of your account. A box will pop up on the lefthand side asking you to confirm that you want to delete this account. 

Next, it's important to be sure you've matched your accounts correctly. Citi online accounts should be matched to Citi credit reports, for example.

If you need further assistance, please email support@creditkarma.com.

a suggestion to CK staff.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  How about a general reset that goes out and verifies all accounts for rationality and being in step with what TransUnion reports?

cjl

Addison170

I'm not truly clear as to what your issue is, and I have no clue what you mean by "reset" but if there is anything on your credit report that is incorrect, write letters to all three credit bureaus to get it corrected.  CK gets their data from TransUnion once a week.  If you haven't already, visit www.annualcreditreport.com and pull your TransUnion (or other bureau) full credit report to see what is truly being reported.  Best of luck!

Further explanation,

There is nothiing wrong in my credit report at all. the problems are interpretation of the accurate data by CK and nothing whatsoever else.

I want a "reset" that in essence forces all accounts to be completely disconnected and then require all of them to be reconnected.  There doesn't seem to be a way to do this as obvious and straightforward as it sounds.  Simply put, CK screws up and creates fantasy data from real data and there isn't a way I know of to undo the mess.  Hopefully, the support team will look at my accound as an example of what ought to NOT happen, yet did.  Things are stated redundantly, in some cases FOUR TIMES.  Despite the nice advice above, there is not likely a direct way to do what amounts to "resetting" all by disconnecting all then reconnecting LESS than "all" in the sense that the redundant entries have to totally go away.

All of this is separate from the original problem.  My credit report correctly states I am a signateur on accounts that belong to my wife.  It's completely correct and accurate in the credit report on this vital point regarding two accounts of HERS, one of which CLOSED with my signattory relationship all the way to the end.

These account s should not be considered at all; that is CK's mistake.  I can read it manually in by credit report that these accounts are NOT mind.  Yet, CK doesn't properly handle this EXTREMELY important distinction.

cjl

Not addressing the problem

The operations provided to our accounts cannot completely clear the mistakes once they are made.   What was suggested merely moves around the linking function.  That there are mistakenly four entries for one account does not disappear.  There are other problems, but that is the worst single one.  This system is obviously not designed to acknowledge that it makes mistakes and lacks the ability to handle these unsuspected circumstances.  It will by necessity require a manual operation we cannot make.  My suggestion is an account reset as if I were a new member and then let the links be created anew.