Question

Kam012

Chpt. 7 bankruptcy and where should I go from here in regards to applying for credit?
Hello, I recently filed chpt. 7 and had my creditors meeting in late Jan. I am wondering when I should be applying for credit card or doing other things to boost my credit score. And when will my old creditors fall off from my credit report? Should I only apply for a secure credit card or do I have the option of obtaining an unsecured one?

You may want to wait a year or two, mostly because your odds of getting an unsecured credit card so close to bankruptcy is pretty abysmal. That said, your best bet at this point is to wait about six months, then get a secured credit card (where you save up about $500, send it to the credit card issuer, and they give you a credit card with a $500 limit.) After awhile, as long as you use it regularly (and most importantly, *pay* the monthly bill regularly), your credit limit on it may go up. 
--

I mention a secured credit card because an unsecured one is not going to be too awful likely if you just went through bankruptcy a month ago.

I advise taking the time to read the articles on this site since  Credit Karma is here specifically to TEACH how credit works and how  to  build a good score.  Because I DID take the time several years ago, I now have a very good score. The bankruptcy totaled out your credit so you need to know how to carefully rebuild it, and this is the place to get that information.