Question

gsmartin55

Changed Site and Parameters???
On Monday I logged on and the site gave me one score with timelines and other details that were easy to follow. Today, 12/2/2014 I log on and the whole site is different the score has dropped 31 points and no explanation.

The information I had come to trust is gone and replaced with a new format that gives no reason for the change or how to correlate previously understood and accepted data.

Frankly, from what I can see I don't like the changes.

Most Helpful Response

Site changes

I totally agree with the other members. My score dropped over 30 points and this change is useless and chaotic to me. The beta was useful I thought but now it's harder to navigate and the newer layout is just terrible IMHO. Would like the older site layout restored again.

Hello! It sounds like you are one of the first members to receive access to the latest version of Credit Karma. The site is still undergoing beta testing, and as such, not all features are available. You'll see more information and features in the coming weeks. We thing you'll enjoy the additional features as they become available. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, so please send any additional thoughts to support@creditkarma.com. Thanks!

gsmartin55

Thank you for your reply.

While I appreciate the possibilities you hint at however there are a few things I find to be difficult with the new version of Credit Karma (CK).  The first is the score. All my bills are paid on time and there are no blemishes on my credit, and I had just paid down my existing bills by about $2K over the last mont. Sadly, with the new version of CK my score droped 41 points (my earlier statement of 31 points was a typo) with no explanation. It would have been easier to swallow if there had at least been an explanation about why the change was made and how it correlated to the previous model.

When I saw that score with the very dramatic reduction it really set me back, and made me greatly concerned that something major had happened ...

In addition, the score shown on CK reports to be gotten, extrapolated, drawn from Transunion.  Interesting to me was that the previous model of CK was closer to the Transunion score (which at the Transunion site has gone up) than this one which now has my score 79 points lower than what Transunion itself shows it to be.  If this is drawn from / provided by Transunion it would be nice to have an explanation as to why the score at transunion is so much different than what CK offers.

Previously, I could look at my credit score and see a trend on CK right on the first page. I imagine it is still available, but I have yet to find it.

There are a number of other other issues, but for now, what I've listed are the main ones.

However, there is one last thought. The reason I began using CK was because of its ease of use and the consistency with which it provided information. Attributes that were not provided by other sites I use. While I'm sure this change will doubtless provide many improvements, at first use, it doesn't seem as open, or as friendly as it was. Instead it now seems to be more like the other sites and I came away with the feeling that I was getting the wrapping without the substance.

I agree with gsmartin55

More was taken away than was added.

IwantmyFAKOback

In fact, I don't see that anything was added, only taken away. Where can I see when each account last reported? If we're stuck with Vantage, can we have the chart track my Vantage retroactivley instead of comparing to FAKO?