Question

autumnlizotte

Chances for Credit Limit increase
I am quite new to the whole credit score, credit card thing haha. I am wondering what my chances are of getting a limit increase, or approval of a higher limit card would be. I have a card with CapitalOne and would like to get another through them. My limit is only $300 because I had absolutely no credit when I applied. Sadly a low limit makes it easy to raise utilization and lower my score. As of today my score is 673 (dropped from 713 due to high utilization, but should increase once Credit Karma updates it). Anyway all my payments are made on time, and are at least half of my balance. I have never been late or gone over my limit. My annual income covers my expenses with a little to spare, my occupation is in the medical field so it is stable, and my average 'debt' is about $1800 on a closed account and about $150 on my open account which is my card. How good are my chances at this point or should I wait for my score to increase?

Most Helpful Response

It never hurts to call your credit card company and ask them to increase your limits.  Your score is definitely good enough.  If they aren't willing to do that, just tell them  you'll probably get a card from one of their competitors because they sent you an offer with a limit of XXXX (just make it up).  Best of luck!