Question

Mavis77

Capital One Credit Steps - CLI
I was approved for Quicksilver One card that was enrolled in credit steps on 4/30/16. Original approval was $500. Received CLI after 3rd month upon my request of $3000. I have completed all necessary credit steps requirements and received and paid my 5th statement. I run through on average about 15k/month on the card and pay off all or leave around 500 balance. I've been awaiting the credit steps increase and haven't seen anything yet. I chatted with Cap1 rep and he said I will get increase after 7th statement. He said that people reporting credit steps increase earlier are false. I have a feeling that's kind of a scripted response from the cs reps. What's your take/experience with the credit steps program and when did you receive your actual CLI?

My Experience.

Every six months or so I have requested a increase on the web site and have gone fronn a $1K creditline to my current line of $5.5K.

Unless your income supports it, running 15K or so a month can be seen as a red flag by Capital One with a credit limit of $3K.

undefined

Usually soon after 5th statement is cut, unless they change it recently, and they did make few policy changes, like only one approval every 6months, lower the minimum starting limit on QS (not QS1) and on Venture as well, plus adding World Elite MC version to QS/Venture line up, so possible. However, It should stated in the email they send you few days after its approval, tells you when the credit step completes. From my own experience and many others from other site, the increase from credit step are far less than from requested CLI, usualy around 3~500, even more likely so, if you had large CLI prior to completion of credit steps.

Mavis77

It's strange I actually never received an email or a letter about credit steps.  I had called in to ask about something else, and they explained to me that I was in credit steps.  Once I receive the credit steps increase I'll repost to let everyone know what type of increase I was given.