Question

61male

Can't refinance my home because I have a dispute listed on my credit report.
I used "Direct Dispute" to get an open collection account changed to closed on both credit reports. (I paid it in full a year ago) Now my bank says the collection agency is listing the account as "disputed", and they can't refinance my house until I clear it. The collection agent says I have to "dispute my dispute". I don't see an option for that on this site. What the heck? It the collector jerking me around or did I unnecessarily dispute that account?

You did the dispute as you should have, info needs to be correct. You are getting jerked around on both sides here. First, the lender you went to now, should not care about disputes as long as the account has been paid and shows a zero balance. Secondly, you cannot dispute a dispute. You may want to speak with a consumer law attorney to see what they have to say.  In the meantime, you could contact the credit bureaus and explain your situation in the nicest way possible and ask if they would kindly remove the dispute comment. you could also dispute the account again and hope that it just gets deleted, but that could backfire because if the account is not deleted and "updates" the update would cause harm to your credit.