Question

cwalk2113

Can't get response from CA after sending pay for delete
I sent a pay for delete letter to 2 of the collection agencies I owe money to back in September however I have not gotten a response from either one. I sent both letters certified mail with return receipt requested in which I received the confirmation back on both. One return receipt says they received it on 9/11 and the other is not dated. In both letters I offered to pay a lump sum of 25% of what the total debt is in exchange for them to delete the collection off of my report however like I stated previously, I still have not heard back from them. Should I wait a bit longer and hope they contact me or should I take further action in trying to get this done? If I should take further action, what should I do?

Obviously, they have essentially declined your payment offer, which they have the right to do.  And at only 25% of the claimed balance, I would have been more surprised if they had done so.  You might try again. offering 50% or just work on paying the debts off.  Google Dave Ramsey for ideas on negotiating PFDs.