Question

southfire26

Can Medical facilities wait two years until the person is no longer a minor?
When I was 16 my mother took me to a ICare ( urgent care ) at that time I did not know I had no insurance. I was seen by a doctor and sent on my way. Two years past and a month after my 18th birthday, this ICare sends me a bill.
I tried to talk to them for the resoning, but nothing was getting through, Now I'm left with a past due medical bill.

You were a minor at the time and still under the care of your mother.  She is the one legally responsible for the bill.  A person's age at the time services were rendered id the deciding factor.  They must send the bill to your mother, not to you.

No, your parents are responsible unless you were an emancipated minor at the time.  The hospital is just trying to get their money. Ask them for copies of the documents. They might tell you they can't give them to you since you were a minor and not a signing party. Catch 22. 

Contact the credit bureaus by phone and ask them what procedure you need to have it taken off your credit report. Be ready with certified copies of your birth certificate to mail to all 3 of them to prove the debt was incurred while you were a minor. It might also be helpful to have your mother's medical insurance coverage available to send the debtor and the credit bureaus to get the bill back where it belongs.