Can items you discharged in a bankruptcy show up on your credit report with an open status?
I filed bankruptcy in 2011, and I have one debt that was discharged showing under collections with a $0 balance. I know items can still show under collections after bankruptcy, but what I do not understand is why the collection report says the open date is in 2011 and the recent report date is 03/2014 ( three full years after my bankruptcy) and has a status of open. I thought debts that had been discharged in bankruptcy should not have an active/open status. Is this correct or is this something I should dispute?