Question

Redaurora4me

By 2017 I am losing 1/2 of my income!
My disability payments will stop in Dec I want to pay off my cc accts with my pension. Can you ever get the lenders to lower your balances? Otherwise I could be in big trouble. My husband got nasal cancer which destroyed his face last summer. He was cured but reconstruction will be costly. Amy advise is welcomed. Thanks

It's unlikely they will lower the balances but, by letting them know what your situation is and that you want to pay the credit cards off (showing responsibility), they might just close the cards to prevent other debt increases and work a lower repayment plan so that you can get the accounts paid.  They might evenlower the interest rate.

It appears that your disability has resolved, which is good, but sorry you are losing that income when it would be so helpful.  Hope the reconstructive surgery for your husband goes smoothly.  Contact a social worker at the hospital since they know ways to get funding (including grants) to help with the surgery expenses.