Building credit history with additional secured cards
I wonder if this even a wise thing to do, but just struck on my mind.

I recently moved here and facing the challenge on building credit score. Right now credit karma reports thin credit for me and I am planning to apply for a secured card now.

Is it good to apply for more than one secured credit cards. From what I have searched so far you should use only 30%-50% of the credit card. With Capital one I am getting $200 credit of which only $100 is usable to be safe. Is spanning charges across credit cards advisable.

Will checking account deposit affect your credit score ?

Also my employer has tie ups with couple credit unions. Any one has suggestion on getting loans(auto) or credit cards from them so i can fasten building my score?